Updated: Dec 30, 2020
Hello, I am Mariana Parma, like most of you, I am looking forward to the New Year! As I reflect on all the ups & downs of "2020", I realize that during the most difficult moments, greatness emerged. And the simple little things, taking walks in the park, listening to music, reading a book, connecting with friends and family, and being able to breath fully, became my salvation. I discovered the importance of community and the power of united like minded people, to inspire and motivate change.
This discovery lead me to create this Dance & Wellness Blog, to inspire and motivate students of dance. To my great surprise, this developed into a community based blog, a platform to reconnect with my fellow dance colleagues that I, admire, by sharing tips, inspiration, and music to motivate each other.
So, to wrap up this year, I have created a list of stand out Dance & Wellness tips and motivational playlists, from the previous blogs, to "Ring In The New Year".
Count Down...Top "10"
Dance & Wellness Tips:
10. My personal "M3" tips that you can try at home to keep your mind & body fresh and
hopeful: MEDITATION, MUSIC, MOVEMENT! Mariana Parma
Meditation: To center your thoughts & quiet the voices in your head.
Music: Listening to feel good music to begin your day, or throughout your day can energize you and make you feel good.
Movement: It has been proven over and over again that movement, such as exercising, dancing, or other forms of physically activity has tremendous positive affects that promote physical and emotional well being.
9. "Don’t wait until the right mood strikes you to practice. Start practicing and you’ll soon find yourself in the mood." Tatiana Keegan
8. "A good Argentine mate, (tea like drink) cannot be missed."Analía Centurión
7. "The better you know how you move, the better you will relate to your dance partner." Leonardo Sardella
5. "Plan your day generating routines, that orders your mind and generates less anxiety." Rosina Gil
4. "Do what makes your soul shine." Valentina Viré
3. "Life is meant to be lived and loved. Go for it. " Adelita Hinjosa- Martin
2. "Dreams exist and you have to work hard to achieve it with love and respect." Karina Romero
1."Trust that divine timing will provide the ideal scenarios for you to indulge in, and to share all the visions and yearnings that you are drawn to bring forth into the world." Teresa Anne Volgenau
Top "10" favorite quotes, mantras, or mediations From the Pros.:
10. "Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final". Leah Barsky
9. "Dance; putting all the attention on my body and the parts of which I am focused!" Anderson Mendez
8. W&W: Walk a lot , Work a lot . Vivek Yadev
Walking keeps you physically healthy and active.
Work keeps you mentally active and healthy.
7. “Maybe the unvarnished meaning of growing up is the acceptance that living out our values, and also winning the approval of those who have power over us, is an unfulfillable longing.”(Peter Block) Rodney Lopez
6. "I try to end my day Every day feeling grateful to be alive and for all that I have." Talia Castro- Pozo
5. "There will come a time when you think everything is finished, that will be the beginning." (Louis L'amour) Karen Gayle.
4. "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." Walter Perez
3. "When the fisherman cannot go out to sea, he spends his time repairing the nets." Rosina Gil
2. “Be the Spark, Especially When It's Dark.”Teresa Anne Volgenau
1. "You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”(George Bernard Shaw) Mariana Parma
"2021" Motivational Playlist:
So excited to share with you all, the "2021" Playlist I have compiled from recommendations from these generous and talented artists from around the world! Guarantee to motivate you and get you dancing!
FLORENCE + THE MACHINE: DOG DAYS OVER
"I Put a Spell on You" Annie Lennox
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
"Love of my life" & "Bohemian Rhapsody", by Queen
"Otra Oportunidad" by Jimmy Bosch
Aguadilla Marc Anthony
"Nadia Como Ella" by Marc Anthony
La Marea by Ruben Blades
CLASSICAL MUSIC/ OPERA:
Vivaldi’s “Four Seasons.”
"Carmen de Bizet":La Habanera
Stevie Wonder's "As"
"A House is Not a Home", by Luther Vandross
“Lovely day”, Bill Withers
Honey by Raveena
"Follow Me" by Aly-Us
Bob Marley's "Jammin"
"You haven’t Seen the Last of Me" by Cher
"Bahia Blanca", from Carlos Di Sarli
"El Flete", from Juan D'Arienzo
"Todo Cambia"by Mercedes Sosa
"Tristeza" by Chango Spasiuk
"Sing sing nun people" by Martinho da Vila
As we approach the ending of "2020", I want to thank every artists who participated in these posts, whom have inspired me & gave me purpose. These posts will be on my website so anyone can refer to them whenever you need some inspiration or advice. I highly recommend reading their tips & experiences.
I also want to send out a Universal Prayer to those who have suffered loss during this time, due to the pandemic, and Hope to all in "2021".
"Hope brings Change!"